Friday, July 24, 2009

Good news for the Mercer County NJ real estate market

Here is some good news: the Dow closed above 9000 yesterday and on the same day it was reported that sales of existing homes rose 2.5% in June over May in the Northeast. Is this further indication of recovery or a turnaround or is it just plain, old-fashioned good news?

I'm going to stick with the cautious optimism of this is good news because I know - as do you - that there are still some challenges to be overcome. But did you know those challenges are good news for you as a buyer and a seller? Let me explain.

Challenge 1: In the same period, median prices have declined by 5.9% in the Northeast over last year. This continues to make ample opportunity for buyers to make good investments. The decline may seem like a challenge for buyers, but in reality, it is a leveling off period. There should be a steady market for a while, with no big spikes or dips.

Challenge 2: Inventory remains high. Again, a value for the homebuyer; but what does it mean for the seller? It means that buyers can be very choosy so you have to come to market with your best game. And that is where I come in.

I have a great offer for those of you who have previously had your home on the market and taken it off for whatever reason. My team has a guaranteed method to market your home and get results. I want to talk to you about the unique opportunity that now exists for you. Call me at 609-658-2612 or read more about our offer for Mercer County here.

No comments: